Keto Sausage Egg Casserole
This is one hearty breakfast meal that is both healthy and delicious. You can never go wrong with eggs, ground pork sausage, and cheddar cheese as your first meal of the day. If you’re still wondering what to eat on keto diet in the morning, then you should have this sausage egg casserole that offers about 25.5g of fat, 2g of net carbs, 20.5g of protein, and 325 calories.
- 6 large-size eggs
- 1 lb of ground pork sausage
- 1 cup of almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup of sliced green onion
- Salt and pepper
What Is The Keto Diet? A Keto Diet or Ketogenic Diet is a low carb diet that aims to convert your body into a fat-burning machine. Read more about Keto Diet here.
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. With a cooking spray, lightly grease a square baking dish (8×8 inch).
- Whisk the almond milk, eggs, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Cook the pork sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat. Spread the sausage in the baking dish when browned and cooked.
- Sprinkle on top with the green onion and cheese.
- Pour the egg and almond milk mixture on top of the pork sausage.
- Bake for up to 30 minutes until the eggs are lightly brown on top.
- Let it cool down, cut into smaller size, and serve.