Keto-Friendly Mushroom Omelet
This is a quick, easy, and very filling mushroom omelet that will only take a few minutes to prepare. This keto diet breakfast offers 43g of fat, 4g of net carbs, and 25g of protein per serving.
- 3 eggs
- 1 ounce of cheese, shredded
- 1 ounce of butter
- 3 mushrooms
- 1/5 yellow onion
- Salt and pepper
What Is The Keto Diet? A Keto Diet or Ketogenic Diet is a low carb diet that aims to convert your body into a fat-burning machine. Read more about Keto Diet here.
- Whisk the eggs together with a pinch of salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Continue whisking until the egg is frothy and smooth.
- Add the spices and salt to taste.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick skillet or frying pan. Once the butter melts, put in the egg mixture.
- Once the egg starts to get firm but is still a little bit raw on the top, sprinkle the mushrooms, cheese, and onion.
- Ease around the edges of the egg and fold it over to cover the mushroom. Once the egg turns golden brown underneath, turn off the heat and transfer the omelet on the plate.