15 Top Low Carb Snacks Recipes
If you want to lose weight or just want to be physically fit, then you need to follow a low carb diet. Moreover, you should try low carb snacks that are not only good for your health but also tastes great. Most athletes prefer the low carb diet because it helps them target their ideal weight and allows them to stay fit and healthy. If you want to maintain this type of diet, you should learn how to make your own meals and snacks. Here are some of the most delicious and easy to prepare low carb snacks that would be great for in-between meals.
1Strawberry and Chocolate Greek Yogurt Bark
Strawberry and chocolate is always a delicious combination. With an addition of Greek yogurt, you can whip up a delicious and creamy bark that is perfect for both kids and adults. This is not your ordinary chocolate bark because it is much healthier. You can have this as a delicious dessert or snack that you can eat in-between meals.
- 1 ½ cups strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup small chocolate chips
- 3 cups plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup or pure honey
- Use a parchment paper to line a rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix the yogurt, vanilla, and honey or maple syrup in a medium bowl.
- Pour and spread the yogurt mixture on the baking sheet until it forms a 10 by 15-inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle and scatter the strawberries on top, then followed by the chocolate chips.
- Put it in the refrigerator for 3 hours or until it hardens and becomes firm.
- Cut or break it into pieces and serve.
Avocados are one of the most nutritious fruits that are low in carbohydrates. You can cook it in many delicious ways, but it can also be used as a healthy snack alternative. This recipe is called avocado crisp, which takes only several minutes to prepare. They are like healthy chips that you can bring to the office, gym, or anywhere.
- 1 ½ ripe avocado
- 1 ¼ finely grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly.
- Get a full heaping teaspoon of the mixture and put it on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten the mixture into a disc shape.
- Bake them at 180 degrees Celsius for about 15 to 17 minutes.
- You will know that they are cooked if the color is golden and not too brown.
- Take the tray out of the oven and allow it to cool and become crispy.
- You can also put some cumin or chili powder to add some spice to it.
3Peanut Butter and Oats Energy Balls
This snack is perfect when you are jogging, hiking, or working out. It’s a delicious energy ball that is low in carbs. It is easy to prepare because it doesn’t need any baking. You will need to find the largest and tastiest dates in the supermarket if you really want to get the best results.
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup dates, chopped
- Chia seeds
- Soak the dates in a bowl of hot water for 5 to 10 minutes, and then drain.
- Combine all the ingredients, including the soaked dates in a blender or food processor.
- Process until everything is finely chopped.
- Roll the mixture into 12 bite-sized balls.
- Garnish the balls with chia seeds.
- Put in the refrigerator for 15 minutes before serving.
- You can store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
4Homemade Black Pepper Beef Jerky
Beef jerky is one of the favorite low carb snacks for many people. However, this will require some time to marinate but it will definitely be worth the wait. When buying your beef, you can ask the butcher to slice the beef for you.
- 2 pounds of trimmed top round or bottom round beef. It has to be about 1 ½ inch thick.
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 24 oz lager or amber ale
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp black peppercorns, cracked. Added with 2 Tbsps coarsely ground black pepper
- Mix the lager or ale with the soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce, along with the cracked peppercorns. This will be your marinade.
- Slice the beef into ¼ inch thick pieces
- Marinate the beef slices and stir well to completely coat each one. Cover the marinade and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Heat the oven up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. Set up a wire rack on each of the three rimmed baking sheets.
- Take out the beef from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels.
- Arrange the beef on the wire rack with ¼ inch space between each piece.
- Sprinkle on top with coarsely ground pepper.
- Bake for 4 hours. The beef jerky should be completely dry but still chewy.
- Allow it to cool on the wire rack before serving.
5Veggies with Homemade Ranch Dressing
Most of the time, the dressing of the veggies is what makes it unique and very delicious. Try this homemade ranch dressing that will surely upgrade your veggie dips at home.
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- ½ Tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 4 cups of sliced vegetables of your choice.
- Mix the mayonnaise, garlic powder, buttermilk, and dill in a bowl.
- Serve with sliced vegetables such as cucumber, carrots, and bell pepper.
You can buy a variety of hummus at the supermarket and often at expensive prices. It may look complicated but it is really easy to make.
- 2 cups of drained garbanzo beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Paprika to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until you get the desired consistency.
- You can add a small amount of olive oil to keep the hummus creamy and smooth.
If you love fruits, then this should be on your list of low carb snacks. It combines your favorite fruits, along with some cheese, which makes it a tasty treat for you and your family.
- 1 cup kiwi, diced
- 1 cup mango, diced
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- Kebab sticks or toothpicks
- 4 oz of cubed raw cheese, optional
- Stack all the fruits on the stick or toothpick.
- Serve and enjoy.
Make yourself a crunchy, delicious, and healthy beet chips snack. It is low in sugar and calorie, dairy free, and good for the heart. In order to slice the beets very thin, you should use a mandoline.
- 2 large beets or about 1 pound, sliced extra thin
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put parchment paper on 2 large baking sheets
- Mix and toss the beet slices with salt and olive oil
- Spread the beets on the baking sheet making a single layer
- Put the baking sheets on the upper and lower oven racks and bake for 3 hours until crisp. Rotate the pans front to back and top to bottom halfway through.
- Let it cool on the pans for half an hour before serving.
9Chocolate and Coconut Balls
This is a perfect, healthy snack when you are always on the go. You will love the coconuts, dates, and almonds, which makes this snack slightly sweeter.
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cups dates, seedless
- 1 cup hazelnut
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Put the dates and almonds in a blender or food processor and blend on high speed for 20 seconds.
- Add the cacao and desiccated coconut and blend once again on high speed for 40 to 60 seconds. Make sure the mixture is fully combined together.
- Roll into bite-sized balls.
- You can store them for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
This blueberry smoothie is a wonderful breakfast or all-day snack that is easy to prepare and very nutritious. It has tons of delectable flavors because it includes blueberries, lemon juice, coconut milk, and vanilla. Your family will definitely enjoy this blueberry smoothie.
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 2/3 cups of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all the ingredients in the blender or food processor and process until it has a smooth and creamy consistency.
- You can add more lemon juice if you desire.
- Serve and enjoy.
11Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers
These creamy and delicious stuffed mini bell peppers are quick and easy to prepare. The combination of the creaminess of the cheese and the spicy sweet red pepper is always a sure winner for you and your family.
- 8 to 10 pieces of mini bell peppers
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 oz chorizo, sliced thinly
- ½ to 1 tablespoon of mild chipotle paste
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme or cilantro
- Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise and remove the core
- Chop the chorizo and the thyme or cilantro thoroughly
- Mix the cream cheese, olive oil, and the spices in a bowl.
- Add the chopped chorizo and herbs to the bowl and stir well.
- Put the mixture into the bell peppers and serve.
Chia pudding is great for breakfast, dessert, and snack. The best way to enjoy chia pudding is to prepare it at night so you can enjoy it in the morning.
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (You can add cocoa)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Combine and mix all the ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Cover tightly and put it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When it is ready, make sure the pudding has thickened and the seeds have gelled.
- If you want, you can serve the chia pudding with frozen berries, coconut milk, or cream.
This delicious pizza zucchini is gluten-free, low in calorie and carbs, and super flavorful. They are great for appetizers and snacks.
- 1 zucchini with ends cut off
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup spaghetti sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wipe the baking sheet with olive oil or spray with cooking spray.
- Cut the zucchini into ¼ inch slices and place each one on the baking sheet.
- Spread the spaghetti sauce on top of the zucchini slices
- Sprinkle on top with mozzarella cheese. You can put more pizza toppings if you like.
- Bake until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down.
14Lime Roasted Nuts
Lime roasted nuts are rich in healthy fats and easy to digest. Just make a big batch of these roasted nuts and have them as your delicious snack in the office or at home.
- 2 cups of raw cashew nuts
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- ½ lime, juiced
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Spread the cashew nuts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake for up to 25 minutes. Don’t forget to stir every 5 to 10 minutes.
- Let it cool down before serving.
You can make your own homemade rendition of the popularly delicious onion rings. This version is one of the best gluten-free low carb snacks.
- 1 big onion
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 8 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- Preheat your oven up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. You can also use a broiler.
- Slice the onion into rings. It should be about 1/5 inch thick.
- Combine the flour and all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Whisk the egg in a separate bowl.
- Dip the onion ring one at a time in the egg and then in the flour mix.
- Arrange the onion ring on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spray oil on the onion rings and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- If using a broiler, check the onion rings often. They should be golden brown and crispy when finished.